Are you intelligent, ambitious, and a first rate problem-solver; looking to help build the future of one of London’s brightest SaaS/martech scale ups?
Here at Mention Me, we stand for a better way of doing marketing, one that is built on trust. And it’s working, our award-winning referral marketing platform has delivered nearly 1 million new customers to our clients in the last 3 years.
We’re now looking for someone to join our growing team of engineers, based at our HQ in Vauxhall, London. The role is perfect for someone wanting to be involved in Product and Technology from the ground up. The role will help us develop new functionality, generate new business ideas and build a better, more scalable, platform. We give out millions of pounds (and $, €, etc) worth of rewards, serve thousands of referral offer impressions and collect an interesting array of information about how people refer all the time - we need someone to be involved in it all: the backend systems, the APIs, and the tools and technologies that keep it all humming.
What the job is all about:
- Be key contributor in our tightly knit and dynamic engineering team
- We code in Symfony, PHP, Typescript, React, LESS and MySQL
- The work includes building production-strength applications and SaaS platforms based on best practise architectures, providing high availability (last year we had 99.97% uptime!)
- The role will partner closely with other stakeholders like our Product Manager and Design Team
- We use a hybrid of Agile and Kanban to manage our processes
- Communication and teamwork is important to us; all engineers participate in cross-functional meetings and should be comfortable communicating and showcasing their work
- Security is always top of mind, and respecting data security will be an important part of the role
- The role reports to the Head of Engineering
- Have at least two years real experience of agile software development
- Be comfortable on the command line and be happy with the tools of a modern software development environment.
- Move fast, but also understand the complexities of the stack and strive to improve things with high quality code and great testing
- Be familiar with Amazon Web Services (or another cloud platform) and the technologies beyond just EC2 (for example one or more of Cloudfront, SQS, Route 53, S3, ELB, RDS or IAM)
- Have experience in Jenkins, Git and ElasticSearch (ideally!)
- Have a great undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Maths or a related discipline
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Competitive package (depending on experience) plus options in a growing startup
- Work in a great place. Join a a team of committed, supportive, bright and driven people.
- We’re big on personal development: we offer you your own training and conference budget, mentoring programme and “personal challenge” fund.
- We’re also keen on ambition and celebrating success. Amaze the team with something great and win an awesome prize in the monthly Wheel of Wow.
- We believe in keeping work and life in balance. We’re happy to chat about flexible working and working from home where it works for both parties. We offer a fortnightly personal hack day, and free massages in the office on Thursday.
- 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Enhanced Parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- More perks than you can shake a stick at! Free fruit, snacks and every type of Teapigs under the sun; coffee galore, Friday drinks in the office and regular social stuff.
- And one just for the Engineers - Catherine’s famous raffle tickets every time she merges a Pull Request
MENTION WHO?Mention Me works with over 300 brands in the UK and across the globe to deliver world class referral programs. Used by leading companies such as Farfetch, ZipCar, Ted Baker, Benefit Cosmetics and many more, we have been recognised by both Retail Week and Drapers as one of the best tech startups in 2016 and 2017; while earlier this year we won best Software-as-a-Service in the Digital Experience Awards. Our entrepreneurial history is something that we are very proud of. Initially bootstrapped, we’ve grown to nearly 50 employees out of our own profits. In June of 2018 we raised $7 Million in funding to help us fuel the next phase of our growth. Our backers, Eight Roads Ventures, are a global venture capital firm and also investors in Alibaba, Made.com, Treatwell and Recurly.