Mention Me provides its clients with world class Refer a Friend programmes, enabling companies to supercharge word of mouth for fast and effective new customer acquisition. In addition to all the traditional sharing channels our unique SAAS proposition enables customers to refer simply by name - no codes or links to remember. We give you the ability to AB test different offers, supported by an extensive reporting dashboard. All this helps you create a referral channel reaching maximum conversion and effectiveness for your brand.
Established in 2013 and based in London, Mention Me is used by leading sites like Missguided, OVO Energy, Farfetch, Emma Bridgewater and Zipcar. We help our clients leverage the positive sentiment of their own satisfied customers, bringing new customers proven to have higher average order value, lifetime value and brand loyalty.
We've been recognised by both Drapers and Retail Week as one of the best tech startups in 2016 and 2017.
What you'll be doing
You'll be be a key member of the engineering team at Mention Me. We're a small team, and you can get involved in every component of our ever growing business. We give out millions of pounds (and $, €, etc) worth of rewards, serve thousands of referral offer impressions and collect an interesting array of information about how people refer all the time - and from the backend systems, the APIs and the tools and technologies that keep it all humming you'll be involved in it all.
You'll work closely with your engineering colleagues and the product team to develop new functionality, to generate new business ideas and to build a better, scaleable, platform for the future.
You are a software engineering pro. You design beautiful technology to solve business problems. You are happiest working on the technology that powers the business, from backend code through infrastructure and data storage and processing. You understand the complexities of the stack and strive to improve things with high quality code, great testing and you get a kick out of doing things right. You like to move fast, but not so fast you're breaking things on a Friday night.
You are an intelligent and first rate problem solver. You solve problems in order of business value and you know technical and business perfection are often competing goals. You have designed applications with production-strength, high traffic architectures and have an appreciation for complicated SaaS platforms with high availability. Security is always on of your mind and you'll strive to ensure your clients data is protected.
Ideally, you'll have experience in AWS or another cloud platform. You're comfortable on the command line and are happy with all the tools of a modern fast paced software development environment. Git and Jenkins are tools you can't live without.
You are looking for a role where you can get involved in major product and technology decisions from the get-go, and help grow our small business into a major online marketing business. Our future is as yet unwritten, and we'd welcome your skills and expertise in helping to write it.
- At minimum a highly accomplished undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Maths or a related discipline
- You should be familiar with Amazon Web Services (or another cloud platform) and the technologies beyond just EC2 (for example Cloudfront, SQS, Route 53, S3, ELB, RDS and IAM)
- Real experience of agile software development
- The right to work in the UK
- An amazing, friendly team. Hard working, sociable and collaborative
- Challenging start-up environment growing +200% YoY
- Free snacks, coffee galore, beer fridge, team pub visits and regular social stuff
- Competitive salary & Stock options
- A varied tech-stack including: PHP & Symfony, React & AWS
- Lovely little office with roof garden
- Quarterly office surprise outings with the whole team (think curling, mini golf, ukulele lessons, paddle boarding…) and one exceptionally fun office Christmas party every year
- Company pension scheme and an individual training budget
- Challenge yourself allowance – up to £100 per year to go and do something that pushes you in any direction you wish